For information on toll rates, please contact a company
These rate groups apply when passing through tolls in Norway:
Rate group 1
- Vehicles with a maximum authorised mass not exceeding 3,500 kg, as well as all vehicles regardless of weight in vehicle category M1.
For a vehicle of more than 3,500 kg in vehicle category M1 to be included in rate group 1, it is required to have an electronic tag and a valid agreement.
Rate group 2
- Vehicles with a maximum authorised mass of more than 3,500 kg, with the exception of vehicles registered in vehicle category M1 with a valid user agreement and toll payment tag.
- Mandatory toll payment tag: Vehicles of more than 3,500 kg that are registered to a company or used for commercial purposes must have an electronic toll payment tag and a valid user agreement. Read more about mandatory tags for heavy vehicles
Vehicle groups with environment-differentiated toll rates
- Toll facilities that use environment-differentiated toll rates may operate with up to four different toll rates for vehicles in rate group 1 and rate group 2.
- Rate group 1 is divided into zero-emissions vehicles, plug-in hybrids, diesel, and other (petrol, gas, ethanol, etc.).
- Rate group 2 is divided into zero-emissions vehicles, plug-in hybrids, Euro VI and Pre-Euro VI.
All foreign vehicles, with or without a valid user agreement and a toll payment tag, must register the vehicle’s Euro emission class and fuel type at autopass.no/ed in order to be charged the correct rate on toll roads where environment differentiation applies. Failure to register will result in the highest rate in tariff group 1 or 2 being charged.
More on exceptions and exemptions
Vehicle category M1
The M1 vehicle category includes passenger vehicles with a maximum of eight seats in addition to the driver's seat. Most motorhomes, camper vans and certain large cars are included in this vehicle category.
A toll payment tag with a valid user agreement is required in order for vehicles of more than 3,501 kg in vehicle category M1 to be included in rate group 1.
This scheme applies to all toll collection facilities, with the exception of tolls on ferries.
Norwegian vehicles in vehicle category M1, with a valid user agreement and tol payment tag, are automatically included in rate group 1 as long as the vehicle is correctly registered in Autosys.
Foreign-registered cars with an AutoPASS toll tag
Owners of foreign-registered vehicles in vehicle group M1, with a valid user agreement and toll payment tag, must contact their toll road company to ensure that they are charged in rate group 1.
All discounts require a valid user agreement and toll payment tag.
All vehicles with a valid user agreement and toll payment tag in rate group 1 will get a 20 percent discount on toll transactions in most toll collection facilities.
For information on toll rates, please contact a company.
A valid user agreement and toll payment tag from a toll service provider will allow zero-emission vehicles a discount of between 50 and 100 %. The size of the discount may vary among the different toll road projects. For more information about this discount in a specific project, go to the toll chargers’ website and search for the project.
In urban packages with environment-differentiated toll rates, i.e. different rate categories according to the vehicles' fuel/engine type, the rate set for zero-emission vehicles applies regardless of whether you have a valid agreement and tag. However, a tag discount of 20 percent is granted for vehicles in rate group 1 with a valid user agreement and toll payment tag. In addition, a valid user agreement and tag may allow vehicles in the zero-emission rate category to apply for exemption.
Local variations are specified on the toll chargers’ websites.
Sign an agreement with a toll service provider.
Get a tag and agreement
Cyclists, pedestrians, and passengers in all types of vehicles do not, as a general rule, pay road tolls.
The following may apply for exemption from road tolls:
- Uniformed and civilian emergency response vehicles on duty
- Public transport vehicles in regular service (with the exception of some ferry replacement projects)
In toll rings, also:
- Mobility-impaired drivers (with a municipal parking permit)
For all exemption schemes, you need to have an electronic tag and a valid user agreement with a toll service provider. Road tolls are not collected for motorcycles and mopeds passing automatic toll stations.
There may be special cases where local exemption schemes apply in addition to the national schemes listed above. Contact a toll charger for more information.
Mobility-impaired drivers with a valid parking permit from the municipality are entitled to exemption from tolls in toll rings around urban areas. This exemption currently applies in the following places:
· Bodø and rv. 80 Vikan
· Oslo and Bærum
· Trondheim (only toll roads within "Miljøpakken")
· Nedre Glomma and Kråkerøy
All vehicles that are exempt must have a toll tag installed.
If you are mobility-impaired and wish to be exempted from toll payment, you should apply to a toll charger. A copy of your parking permit from the municipality must be enclosed with the application. It is required that you already have a valid agreement and a tag from a toll service provider.
If the toll charger makes a decision to grant you exemption, they will enter information in the agreement you have with a toll service provider to the effect that you are exempt from payment in the above-mentioned toll rings. Your toll tag (for which the exemption is registered) is linked to one specific vehicle and the tag cannot be moved between vehicles without changing the agreement. The exemption does not apply to institutions.
The parking permit must be valid for at least two years.